Final Walk-Through, What Not to Overlook
Final walk-through. You and your REALTOR should always make time for even though it’s guaranteed to be hectic right before closing.
Your goal is to make sure that the property you are purchasing is in the same condition you expected it would be. Ideally, the sellers already have moved out. This is your last chance to check that appliances are in working condition and that agreed-upon repairs have been made. Here’s a detailed list of what not to overlook for on your final walk-through.
During a final walk-through make sure that:
- Repairs have been made that you requested. Obtain copies of paid bills and warranties.
- There are no major changes to the property since you last viewed it.
- All items that were included in the sale price like draperies, lighting fixtures, etc. are still there.
- Screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
- All appliances are operating, such as the dishwasher, washer and dryer, oven, etc.
- Intercom, doorbell, and alarm are operational.
- Hot water heater is working.
- No plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard. Only plants that were potted.
- Heating and air conditioning system is working
- Garage door opener and other remotes are available.
- Instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are available.
- All personal items of the sellers and all debris have been removed. Check the basement, attic, and every room, closet, and crawlspace.
A final walk-through is done the day of closing. Leave enough time for the closing to take place and the deed to be recorded. A real estate attorney performs the closings in North Carolina. Keep in mind, they don’t record deeds after 3:00 p.m.
Buyer Tip Videos
Visit my YouTube Channel’s “Home Buying Tips” playlists. There are many helpful home buying videos to watch.
More Home Buying Tips
Planning to buy real estate in the Lake Norman area? Understand the steps involved in real estate contract negotiation. Learn what a Home Inspection should cover and what a Home Warranty covers. Find out what the goal of a final walk-through is and what Buyer closing costs are and about the HUD-1.
Compare Lake Norman Towns
Moving to the Lake Norman area? No town has the same personalty. Which town matches your lifestyle? Compare these Lake Norman towns before you buy real estate – Cornelius, Davidson, Denver, Huntersville and Mooresville.
Living on Lake Norman
Find Lake Norman Information; the lake towns and counties on the lake. Whether you are purchasing Lake Norman waterfront real estate or planning on boating or fishing on Lake Norman you’ll want to know where there is lake access with boat ramps and marinas. You might even decide to join one of the many boating clubs on the lake.
Lake Norman Real Estate
Planning on home buying or selling a home in the lake area? Search MLS listings that are up-to-date and accurate for Lake Norman real estate for sale, Cornelius NC real estate, Davidson NC real estate, Denver NC real estate, Huntersville NC real estate and Mooresville NC real estate. Don’t forget to search Lake Norman waterfront property. In conclusion, you’ll need to compare these properties, the amenities they offer and the true costs of living in each town.
Useful Links & News
Don’t forget to view Lake Norman links for more information about the entire Charlotte region. Stay up-to-date on the Lake Norman housing trends. Consequently, these sales trends are just as important to home buyers as for home sellers to know.
Thank You for Visiting
The real estate in Lake Norman offers something for every lifestyle. Learn more about Robin A Puckett. Matching homes with lifestyles is the basis for Robin’s Lake Norman real estate business. Therefore, contact Robin if you have any questions.