Improve Your Credit Score?
Before you buy real estate improve your credit score. There are ways; the key to getting ready to buy a home is to start well before you tour that first home.
Credit scores, along with your overall income and debt, are big factors in determining whether you’ll qualify for a loan and what your loan terms will be. So, keep your credit score high by doing the following:
- Check for and correct any errors in your credit report. Mistakes happen, and you could be paying for someone else’s poor financial management.
- Pay down credit card bills. If possible, pay off the entire balance every month. Transferring credit card debt from one card to another could lower your score.
- Don’t charge your credit cards to the maximum limit.
- Wait 12 months after credit difficulties to apply for a mortgage. You’re penalized less for problems after a year.
- Don’t order items for your new home on credit such as appliances and furniture until after the loan is approved. The amounts will add to your debt.
- Don’t open new credit card accounts before applying for a mortgage. Too much available credit can lower your score.
- Don’t buy a new car!
- Shop for mortgage rates all at once. Too many credit applications can lower your score, but multiple inquiries from the same type of lender are counted as one inquiry if submitted over a short period of time.
- Avoid finance companies. Even if you pay the loan on time, the interest is high and it will probably be considered a sign of poor credit management
Buyer Tip Videos
Visit my YouTube Channel’s “Home Buying Tips” playlists. There are many helpful home buying videos to watch.
More Home Buying Tips
If you planning to buy real estate in the Lake Norman area, make sure you’re ready. Several steps to getting your finances in order, checking on your credit score, learn ways to improve your credit, follow a lender checklist and explore real home ownership costs.
Compare Lake Norman Towns
Moving to the Lake Norman area? No town has the same personalty. Which town matches your lifestyle? Compare these Lake Norman towns before you buy real estate – Cornelius, Davidson, Denver, Huntersville and Mooresville.
Living on Lake Norman
Find Lake Norman Information; the lake towns and counties on the lake. Whether you are purchasing Lake Norman waterfront real estate or planning on boating or fishing on Lake Norman you’ll want to know where there is lake access with boat ramps and marinas. You might even decide to join one of the many boating clubs on the lake.
Lake Norman Real Estate
Planning on home buying or selling a home in the lake area? Search MLS listings that are up-to-date and accurate for Lake Norman real estate for sale, Cornelius NC real estate, Davidson NC real estate, Denver NC real estate, Huntersville NC real estate and Mooresville NC real estate. Don’t forget to search Lake Norman waterfront property. In conclusion, you’ll need to compare these properties, the amenities they offer and the true costs of living in each town.
Useful Links & News
Don’t forget to view Lake Norman links for more information about the entire Charlotte region. Stay up-to-date on the Lake Norman housing trends. Consequently, these sales trends are just as important to home buyers as for home sellers to know.
Thank You for Visiting
The real estate in Lake Norman offers something for every lifestyle. Learn more about Robin A Puckett. Matching homes with lifestyles is the basis for Robin’s Lake Norman real estate business. Therefore, contact Robin if you have any questions.